FREE POST Australia Wide
700ml / 43% ABV
Yamazaki 18 Year Old is a truly legendary Japanese whisky. Awarded SWSC Double Gold Medal in 2005, IWSC Trophy in 2006 and ISC Gold in 2007.
The richness of sherry and raisins fill the nose then its dark rich maraschino cherries and finally coffee cream chocolate appear. Full body malt
Tasting Notes (www.thespruce.com)
Nose: On the nose, Yamazaki 18 offers a deeper, more complex bouquet of tempting aromas than its 12-year-old sibling. If Yamazaki 12 is young and vibrant, Yamazaki 18 has matured into a confident, middle-aged executive; powerful, rich and expecting luxury.
Look for more autumn fruits on the nose, with apple, pear, cinnamon sticks and raisins readily apparent as well. Wood smoke, leather, saddle soap and a forest floor-like scent add to the perception that this is a very masculine whisky although there is still just a hint of jasmine petal intermixed with cedar cigar wrapper if one looks hard.
Palate: Rich and unctuous is the best description of the body of Yamazaki 18 year. This single malt just coats the mouth in such a way that there is no mistaking that you are about to enjoy a high-end whisky.
On the palate, rich sherry notes appear first. Dried plum, sultanas, freshly cracked walnuts and stewed fruit before nice wood notes and a rich, decadent chocolate note before some interesting umami flavors appear, creating a veritable symphony of flavors on the palate.
Finish: Yamazaki 18 has a long, lingering finish that feature rich notes of chocolate, stewed prunes, light smoke and earth notes. This is a whisky that will reward you if you pour a dram, light a fire and read a good book on a rainy night. It would also be the perfect ending to a good meal, either by itself or perhaps paired with a dark chocolate dessert.
Suntory Yamazaki 18 Year Old Single Malt Japanese Whisky (700ml / 43%)
Returns & Refunds - excluding Change of Mind
We offer Returns & Refunds in accordance with Australian Consumer Law. Please contact us and we will take every step to resolve the problem.
Returns & Refunds - Change of Mind
We have a 7 day “change of mind” policy. This excludes all Gift Cards. If you are having doubts about your order contact us as soon as possible to organise an exchange, refund or credit note. There are a few important points to note about a “change of mind” returns:
- No change of mind returns on sale items or items ordered specifically for you.
- Please make sure both the box (where applicable) and bottle are in the same condition as when you recieved them.
- Shipping glass bottles is a delicate excercise. Please take extra precaution when packing the returned bottles to ensure they arrive safely.The sender assumes the risk of breakages during transit.
- Return freight is at your own cost.
- Refunds are issued once the return is recieved and inspected.
- For a “change of mind” return, the refunded amount will be the bottle costs less the initial shipping cost.
- Additional postage costs will apply to exchanges.
- Refunds can take up to 14 days, although usually they are paid quicker.
*This is an estimate only. Please check for specific notes in the product description regarding dispatch times.
Most orders are shipped the same or next business day*. Please check the estimated delivery times via the "SHIPPING" tab on any product page. If you have a special requirement concerning shipping, please get in touch to discuss suitable options.
*Whilst we will always do our best to achieve this, this is not a guarantee.
Delivery within Australia:
- COURIER (BEST VALUE)
- AUSTRALIA POST REGULAR**
- AUSTRALIA POST EXPRESS (Next Business Day)**
We offer Free Courier Delivery for orders over $200.
**You can check Aus Post delivery times here. Excludes some items.
Worldwide Shipping Cost
Please contact us to discuss options.
NB. You are entirely responsible for satisfying all import requirements of the destination country and paying all taxes, duties and other charges related to this activity. In the event the parcel is not accepted by customs or remains undelivered, the amount refunded will be equal to the total amount charged less any shipping fees.
Once an order has been fulfilled, you will receive an email/ sms with tracking details that you can use to monitor the progress of your shipment. Orders sent via Courier will be tracked through the Shippit or Sendle platform and orders sent with Aus Post will be tracked through the Aus Post platform. If you did not receive this notification email, please contact us immediately.
What if I'm not home to receive my order?
Unfortunately, Shipppit, Sendle, Aus Post and our other courier partners do not allow you to book delivery times. In the event you are not home to accept the delivery you will be notified in at least one of these ways:
- Email notification
- Card left at destination
- App notification (Aus Post only)
If this occures, you must simply follow the instructions outlined to arrange re-delivery or pickup from the local posthub. If you require assistance, we are available to help you. You are usually given 5 business days to deal with the notification before the parcel will be sent back to us.
Undeliverable parcels can occure for several reasons. These include but are not limited to:
- Providing the wrong shipping address
- Not responding to a missed delivery notice in time
- An unsafe delivery environment
Whilst we will make every effort to assist in these circumstances, you are responsible for the delivery address provided, monitoring of your parcel and the arranging of re-delivery where appropriate. In the unfortunate circumstances where parcels are returned, for any reason out of our control, they will be handled as follows:
- We will attempt to contact you and advise you of the situation
- Within 14 days, a re-delivery charge equal to the original postage incurred by us will be charged#
- Within 28 days, a re-delivery charge equal to the original postage incurred by us# plus a handling fee of $25 will be charged
- After 28 days, we will seek to dispose of the goods as per the Consumer Affairs Victoria guidlines