The second release in a series of limited edition bottles crafted from irreplaceable “ghost” whiskies, the anchor, Port Ellen is amongst the most sought-after Islay single malt. Port Ellen is a “ghost” distillery that shut its doors in 1983. Blended with 2 other ghost whiskies from Caledonian & Carsebridge which balance out Port Ellen’s peaty and saline intensity. In addition there are 5 incredibly rare malts from Mortlake, Dailuaine, Cragganmore, Blair Athol and Oban that round out the final product (each at least 20 years old)
For Johnnie Walker Master Blender, Dr. Jim Beveridge, the Johnnie Walker Blue Label Ghost and Rare series is an exciting exploration of flavor. Jim says: “These whiskies deliver a fascinating glimpse into another world, exploring the unique, inimitable character of whiskies from a small number of iconic, closed distilleries that lend something very special to every drop of Johnnie Walker Blue Label.”
The result is a whisky with layers of creamy vanilla sweetness and rolling waves of waxy citrus, rich malt and tropical fruit notes - all perfectly balanced by the distinctive maritime smokiness of Port Ellen that lingers in, the long and warming finish.
Appearance: Warm gold
Nose: Bright and lively, with white grape, honeydew melon, tangerine, and light toffee. The smoke is subtle, appearing mostly in the form of flamed citrus peel and toffee.
Palate: When people talk about the art of the blend, it’s whiskies like this they’re referencing. Everything hangs together in perfect balance. Tropical fruit plays a key role at first, followed by a long, malty midpalate with creamy caramel and vanilla. The finish is long, sweet, and surprisingly delicate, with more banana, eucalyptus, and a gentle perfume of airy smoke.
Tasting notes from “The Whisky Wash”
|Distillery:||Johnnie Walker distillery|
(Port Ellen, Caledonian, Carsebridge, Mortlach, Dailuaince, Cragganmore, Clair Athol, Oban)
|Awards:||Master Blender of the Year in 2015 and 2016.|
Johnnie Walker Blue Label Ghost and Rare Port Ellen Scotch Whisky (750ml / 43.8%)
Returns & Refunds - excluding Change of Mind
We offer Returns & Refunds in accordance with Australian Consumer Law. Please contact us and we will take every step to resolve the problem.
Returns & Refunds - Change of Mind
We have a 7 day “change of mind” policy. This excludes all Gift Cards. If you are having doubts about your order contact us as soon as possible to organise an exchange, refund or credit note. There are a few important points to note about a “change of mind” returns:
- No change of mind returns on sale items or items ordered specifically for you.
- Please make sure both the box (where applicable) and bottle are in the same condition as when you recieved them.
- Shipping glass bottles is a delicate excercise. Please take extra precaution when packing the returned bottles to ensure they arrive safely.The sender assumes the risk of breakages during transit.
- Return freight is at your own cost.
- Refunds are issued once the return is recieved and inspected.
- For a “change of mind” return, the refunded amount will be the bottle costs less the initial shipping cost.
- Additional postage costs will apply to exchanges.
- Refunds can take up to 14 days, although usually they are paid quicker.
*This is an estimate only. Please check for specific notes in the product description regarding dispatch times.
Most orders are shipped the same or next business day*. Please check the estimated delivery times via the "SHIPPING" tab on any product page. If you have a special requirement concerning shipping, please get in touch to discuss suitable options.
*Whilst we will always do our best to achieve this, this is not a guarantee.
Delivery within Australia:
- COURIER (BEST VALUE)
- AUSTRALIA POST REGULAR**
- AUSTRALIA POST EXPRESS (Next Business Day)**
We offer Free Courier Delivery for orders over $200.
**You can check Aus Post delivery times here. Excludes some items.
Worldwide Shipping Cost
Please contact us to discuss options.
NB. You are entirely responsible for satisfying all import requirements of the destination country and paying all taxes, duties and other charges related to this activity. In the event the parcel is not accepted by customs or remains undelivered, the amount refunded will be equal to the total amount charged less any shipping fees.
Once an order has been fulfilled, you will receive an email/ sms with tracking details that you can use to monitor the progress of your shipment. Orders sent via Courier will be tracked through the Shippit or Sendle platform and orders sent with Aus Post will be tracked through the Aus Post platform. If you did not receive this notification email, please contact us immediately.
What if I'm not home to receive my order?
Unfortunately, Shipppit, Sendle, Aus Post and our other courier partners do not allow you to book delivery times. In the event you are not home to accept the delivery you will be notified in at least one of these ways:
- Email notification
- Card left at destination
- App notification (Aus Post only)
If this occures, you must simply follow the instructions outlined to arrange re-delivery or pickup from the local posthub. If you require assistance, we are available to help you. You are usually given 5 business days to deal with the notification before the parcel will be sent back to us.
Undeliverable parcels can occure for several reasons. These include but are not limited to:
- Providing the wrong shipping address
- Not responding to a missed delivery notice in time
- An unsafe delivery environment
Whilst we will make every effort to assist in these circumstances, you are responsible for the delivery address provided, monitoring of your parcel and the arranging of re-delivery where appropriate. In the unfortunate circumstances where parcels are returned, for any reason out of our control, they will be handled as follows:
- We will attempt to contact you and advise you of the situation
- Within 14 days, a re-delivery charge equal to the original postage incurred by us will be charged#
- Within 28 days, a re-delivery charge equal to the original postage incurred by us# plus a handling fee of $25 will be charged
- After 28 days, we will seek to dispose of the goods as per the Consumer Affairs Victoria guidlines